Shared Living providers offer day-to-day support to a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The specific support depends on the needs expressed in an individualized care plan, but may include:
- Providing daily care, such as assisting with meals, personal hygiene, shopping, transportation and more.
- Offering companionship and opportunities for social interaction.
- Facilitating participation in social and community activities.
- Supporting routine medical care, such as medication and medical appointments. Complex health needs are managed by nursing support, so you do not need to be a medical professional to be a home provider.
- Implementing the individual support plan and staying in contact with Bethesda so documentation can be updated regularly to show the support needs are being met.